domingo, 12 de julio de 2009

Cognitive Surplus


I think that in the video he said something important and is that we are great consumers, but we don´t produce anything. We like the internet and we spend hours In it, but doing what, in facebook, or in the mail, that we put something in the media but that is not going to be a change in the world, the people is not going to learn anything with that.

I´m a consumer, because I don´t share my knowledge in the media, I just take from it some of the information that other people put in there. But instead of putting the information in the media I´m giviging my knowledge to others, in this case in the social action that I do, or in my work. So I can said that right know I appreciate more, my social work.

4 comentarios:

  1. Maria Belen - I don't think that we need to put things on the Internet in order to be producers because as you say there are many other ways to "give" our knowledge and time. However, with this blog you ARE producing on the Internet! Surprise! This is why this blog is so important and why other people need to know about it so they can read it too.

    I am glad that this video helped you appreciate your social work more than before. Did this help you reflect on how you use your free time?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yes, now I´m trying to take advantage of my free time, I´m spending less in messenger and facebook, I´m putting priorities in my life. So I focus on what I´m doing in the media, it save me time, and that time I can use to be with my family or friends, or to finish more work.
    And now I can say that I´m a producer and not just a consumer!! (Because of the blog, I didn´t remember about it)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. So you think that you are not wasting your cognitive surplus anymore?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I think that maybe I´m still wasting it, but not as I did, because I use it to explain my social work to the others.
    Now I also try to finish what I should do, before using facebook or messenger.

    ResponderEliminar