sábado, 6 de junio de 2009

My first day in social work

I went to the school Las Carmelitas in downtown the last Wednesday, I went to help the doctor in the clinic, but after talking with the coordinator she decided that I can help them in the kindergarten, in Pre-Kinder and Kinder.

In the class they are 14 kids, nine boys and five girls, they have two teachers, one is the holder and the other is the assistant, the class has ornaments about what they are talking that are the colors, also they have books to work, games in the yard, that is little but they also have a games class, that have a kitchen, a place like a workshop, also small games as legos and cubes.
That day I help the teacher with the homework of the kids, putting them in their folder and making it (drawing), then I washed the hands of the kids (when they return from the break, after that the teacher introduced me, then I help the kids to paint the paper of red color, that is what they are learning.
The next Wednesday I have to bring some materials to work with the kids. Cause they are having problems with the motricity and the social part.

5 comentarios:

  1. Maria Belen - Why did you choose this place? What do you think you can contribute to the organization?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Well the truth is that I was looking different places to work, but I just can find one that works with people, so a friend help me to enter in this institution, first I was going to help to the doctor but then they decided that the best for me was work with the children.

    I think I can give to them a personal treat, help the teachers also to have less work for a day, and give to the children a little more of love and take care of them.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. : D Maria Belen about what criterion discussed in class do you support your work with children?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Maria Belen, how did you feel working with this children? How do you think you can make a change in this kids?

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I feel really good with them, they are nice with me, they respect me and also they love me. I trying to improve their motricity in a funny way, showing to them that working can be nice. I also want to give love and respect, is not that the teachers don´t do that, but is important to remind to them.

    ResponderEliminar